Monday, February 14, 2011

One-Hit Wonder: Jessica Hart (2009)

It’s Valentine’s Day, so it’s fitting to examine a Hart.

When I first saw Jessica Hart in the 2009 swimsuit issue, I remember being charmed by the gap in her teeth. “Cool!” I thought. “A cute little imperfection, not unlike Cindy Crawford’s mole, that makes her look unique.”But I have to admit, the gap got distracting. Jessica was all in white for her shoot in Mexico that year. When her gap was not visible, she was gorgeous.She had a smokiness that was kind of surprising, given her spun-sugar blondeness.

But when the gap was clearly visible, it almost acted as a magnet for the eyes, pulling me away from otherwise gorgeous shots.Make no mistake, she’s a beautiful woman. And focusing on the gap feels kind of superficial. But, we are talking about swimsuit models, so a little superficiality is a given.

For the record, here are a couple of non-SI bikini shots of her in which her gap is showing, but I don’t find it intrusive.This may be a rare occasion in which I like non-SI shots of a model better than the ones from the swimsuit issue.

TRIVIA: Jessica Hart has a hot blonde Aussie model sister. Mind: blown.

No comments:

Post a Comment